1.4
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Last year I Purchase lexus ES 350 from Nationwide automotive. After one week, my car shows ENGINE CHECK LIGHT and I report this issue to the dealer and took my vehicle to fix.

They said that gasket was old and have to replace it. So I purchase the new gasket and installed it at autozone. After few days it again show the ENGINE CHECK LIGHT ON in my vehicle and I made the second phone call for the same issue. This time they refused to see my cehicle without an appointment.

They offered me an appointment of three weeks gap. So I took the vehicle to another auto service and discover that there is air filled inside the engine. They suggest me to diagnose engine. After that I again made a cal to the Dealer from where I purchase the vehicle and request to cover the cost since I have service warranty but they refused to pay for it saying that it was not their service center.

After that I did my regular service maintenance only because I could not afford the cost for diagnose. During the purchase, they offer me a 3 years’ service warranty on my vehicle. I thought it was the additional warranty and I accept it but I didn’t know there was a fee of around $2500 until I received the first monthly pay bill. I went there in the dealer and ask about the fee that they failed to disclose during the purchase and slapped me with the contract paper.

I was hopeless. I keep doing maintenance service timely though I still have ENGINE CHECK LIGHT issue. Last month, I found that my engine was overheating. So I immediately report that issue to the dealer( it was Thursday) and they offer me an appointment with one week gap.

Obviously I could not wait that long and I took my vehicle to the same auto service and there I discovered that I have to replace my engine so I claimed my service warranty. At that I found that the limited liability is only $2500 which is not enough to fix the car. So The dealer suggest to take my car to their service center and they can look into it. I towed my vehicle and took my car to their service center.

They took one month to look into my vehicle and found that engine have to be replaced. They said that they send the reports of the diagnose to the service warranty provider which turns out that they lied about it. The service warranty disclose that they have not received any written report instead they only receive verbal report from the mechanic. After that Service warranty company did an inspection and decline my claim to repair my vehicle saying that overheating cause engine damage but failed to mention what cause overheating.

I came home and pulled out the Carfax report and discover that the car have stolen history which dealer failed to disclose it while I was purchasing it. I would never buy this car if I new that the car was stolen history.

At this point I am stuck with the car which I cannot drive and it is in dealr’s service scenter, I have been driving rental car since two month. I don’t know what to further so I am contacting you to look into my case.

Review about: 2008 Lexus Es 350 Car.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Worse dealer.

Comments